Interview on the Id DM: Ego Check
by Mike Shea on 27 June 2011
Michael, (the Id DM on Twitter) of The Id DM blog just posted an interview with me called The Ego Check: Mike Shea of Sly Flourish.
I try to avoid bringing my ego too much into the site here. I'm far more interested in focusing on the game we love. That said, this interview gets into a lot of topics of interest to me including the following:
- 4e Monster design compared to previous editions.
- Monster design over the past 3 years of 4e.
- The design of D&D Essentials and how that changes 4e.
- Recent WOTC product design.
- Magic item bloat and how to deal with it.
- Where I'd like to see D&D 4e go in the future.
- Combat speed.
- Encounter design and turn duration metrics.
- Epic content and the lack thereof.
- Writing for WOTC and their relationship with the blogging community.
I think that comes out to enough useful and interesting information to be worth stomping through my massive ego.
Check out the interview here.
We mentioned quite a few products in this interview including Shadowfell, Gloomwrought and Beyond, D&D Essentials products, the Heroes of Shadow sourcebook, and the upcoming Heroes of the Feywild sourcebook.
Article Keywords: monster design, id dm, like 4e, heroes feywild, combat speed, 4e monster, useful interesting, mike shea, heroes shadow, previous edition, including following, interview, product, essentials, sourcebook, wotc
If you enjoyed this article please consider supporting me on Patreon and take a look at Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master, Sly Flourish's Fantastic Adventures, and Sly Flourish's Fantastic Locations.
You can also support this site by using these links to purchase the D&D Essentials Kit, Players Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide, or metal dice from Easy Roller Dice.
Send feedback to @slyflourish on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.