Interview on the Id DM: Ego Check
by Mike Shea on 27 June 2011
Michael, (the Id DM on Twitter) of The Id DM blog just posted an interview with me called The Ego Check: Mike Shea of Sly Flourish.
I try to avoid bringing my ego too much into the site here. I'm far more interested in focusing on the game we love. That said, this interview gets into a lot of topics of interest to me including the following:
- 4e Monster design compared to previous editions.
- Monster design over the past 3 years of 4e.
- The design of D&D Essentials and how that changes 4e.
- Recent WOTC product design.
- Magic item bloat and how to deal with it.
- Where I'd like to see D&D 4e go in the future.
- Combat speed.
- Encounter design and turn duration metrics.
- Epic content and the lack thereof.
- Writing for WOTC and their relationship with the blogging community.
I think that comes out to enough useful and interesting information to be worth stomping through my massive ego.
Check out the interview here.
We mentioned quite a few products in this interview including Shadowfell, Gloomwrought and Beyond, D&D Essentials products, the Heroes of Shadow sourcebook, and the upcoming Heroes of the Feywild sourcebook.
If you enjoyed this article please consider supporting me on Patreon and take a look at Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master, Sly Flourish's Fantastic Adventures, and Sly Flourish's Fantastic Locations.
You can also support this site by using these links to purchase the D&D Essentials Kit, Players Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide, or metal dice from Easy Roller Dice.
Send feedback to @slyflourish on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.